Below are some of the benefits of drinking water:
- Drinking water helps moisturize your skin from the inside out. Water is vital to maintain elasticity and prevent skin wrinkle and dryness.
- Regular water consumption can help you control weight by subduing the urge to eat.
- Your cornea is 80% water. Water helps prevent dryness in the eyes
especially when working at a computer or reading a book for long hours.
- Brain consists of 95% water and cannot function when it loses even 1% of water.
- Water facilitates normal functioning of the kidneys to flush out toxins from the body system.
- To reduce the risk of a heart attack: After doing research on more than 20,000 healthy men and women, researchers at Loma Linda University of California concluded that people who drink more than 5 glasses of per day are less likely to die from a heart attack or a heart disease than those who drink less than 2 glasses of water per day.
- To prevent and treat lower back pain: Painful joints are a signal of water shortage in the spinal column. It can affect the young as well as the old.
- To prevent heart disease and stroke: Hydration is essential to help prevent clogging of arteries, the heart and brain.
- To prevent and treat hypertension: Hydration is crucial in treating hypertension without using diuretics or medication.
- To prevent and treat depression: Hydration helps the body naturally replenish its supply of the neurotransmitter serotonin.
- To prevent and treat sleep disorders: hydration is needed for the production of nature's sleep regulator, melatonin.
- To prevent and treat lack of energy: water generates electrical and magnetic energy in cells, providing a natural power boost
- To prevent osteoporosis: Strong bone formation is related to proper hydration. Dehydration is responsible of the loss of calcium from our bones as we age.
- To prevent cancer: Water normalizes the blood manufacturing system that can aid in the prevention of many forms of cancer.